Utilities for Entry Control Facilities
• Central duress alarm to signal emergency dispatch or control center. Activates automatically with active barrier system.
• Water/wastewater to minimize security personnel time away from post.
• Telephone, including emergency ring down connection to emergency
dispatch or control center
• Radio capability coordinated with security
• To support potential computerized identification systems, ECF should be
connected to installation wide IT system.
• ECF should be provided with an alternate power source
• Generator should support lighting and equipment
• Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) may be necessary during generator
starting and load transfer
• UPS would support any computerized equipment to avoid power
• Lighting levels based on IESNA security lighting guidelines:
• Roadway lighting in the approach and response zones;
Area lighting in the access control zone; transitions between:
• Consider restart/restrike time in design:
• Limit glare and adaptation effects:
• Color rendition important for Ops/CCTV:
Automation of Entry Control Facilities
Note that gatehouse is the control center:
Illustrates key locations for spare conduit and handholes to support access control
Automation for ECF includes identification of personnel and vehicles.
Deployment of automation is just beginning with many clients.
• Support security personnel in task of identification and inspection
• Attempt to increase throughput to balance security with traffic demands during peak times
Approach Zone Automation:
• Validation of Vehicle utilizing Radio Frequency Identification System(RFIDS)
which utilizes radio waves to identify vehicles and eliminates the need for
line of site required for the conventional vehicle access credentials. Typically RFID sensor will associated with a barrier in the Approach zone to validate vehicle prior to arriving at Access Zone.
• Wrong way detection and speed detection for outbound lanes, Speed
detection for inbound lanes.
To receive your Physical Vulnerability Assessment, please submit your payment of $99.00
B E T T E R: Please submit your payment of $999.00 for a complete Physical Vulnerability Assessment or Design covering a single location.